Introducing a new monthly feature: HEALTH TIPS. Many expats practice a healthier lifestyle since relocating to Ecuador. Excising more, and eating better with plenty of inexpensive and readily available fresh fruits and vegetables. In addition, most of us need at times to augment our diets with supplements. So, each month, we’ll be highlighting something new for you to consider.
COASTAL, ON-LINE ISSUE 01
Sponsored by Bienestar y Salud en tus Manos
Omega 3, 6 and 9 have the following benefits:
- Fatty acids, (omega-3), are structural fats that, when ingested, help cell membranes retain their flexibility, balance and optimal state.
- The appropriate amount of omega-3 and 6 helps regulate the amount and type of eicosanoids that are produced in our body. These are hormones that control natural processes in the body, such as vascular contraction and relaxation, as well as blood clotting.
- In an investigation of more than 2,000 people, it was concluded that the presence of omega-3s helps young healthy adults maintain low levels of their systolic and diastolic pressure.
Omega-3s can also reduce inflammation throughout the body, which causes certain damage to blood vessels or even causes heart disease.
- Consequently, fatty acids such as omega-3 benefit heart health by promoting lower triglycerides, reducing blood clotting, and reducing the risk of stroke and heart failure.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends foods with omega-3 and 6 as part of a healthy diet for most people. In fact, the recommendation of this institution is that adults eat at least two servings of fish rich in omega-3 every week.
- It has been found (especially in observational studies) that fatty acid intake during pregnancy is related to various aspects of the child's cognitive development, including communication and social skills.
- Although omega-3 is not one of the main fatty acids in the skin, its deficiency can cause the skin to dry out and lose shine.
- By combining the intake of fish oil (such as omega-3) with regular exercise, you can help regulate energy (omega-3 intervenes in energy metabolism), and it provides benefits to bone health, preventing osteoporosis.
- Omega 6 comes in various forms, although the most popular are linoleic and arachidonic acid. Linoleic acid is an anti-inflammatory and prevents the onset of bleeding and arthritis. In addition, it is also very effective in protecting the health of the prostate and liver.
Recommended daily dose
• Adults and elderly men: 1600 mg.
• Adults and elderly women: 1100 mg.
Article Sponsored By:
If you want to get the perfect balance of omega in your diet, know the benefits of Forever Living Products
Click on the image for more information by whatsapp